Organized December 2, 1971, | Chartered May 24, 1973,
American Legion Post 1288 is the Bolingbrook, Illinois affiliate of the National American Legion. Post 1288 serves area veterans and the greater Bolingbrook community. The Post hosts monthly meetings on the third Monday of every month and participates in a variety of activities and events throughout the calendar year. Post 1288 is also home to the American Legion Auxiliary Unit 1288 and the Sons of the Legion Squadron 1288.
For information on Post 1288, Unit 1288 Auxiliary, or Squadron 1288
From The Commander
AN EVENING OF HONOR
Get your own American Legion Bolingbrook Post 1288 50th Anniversary T-Shirt for only $15
We have four options:
1. Red Shirt with our 50th-anniversary logo
2. Blue Shirt with our 50th-anniversary logo
3. Black established in 1973 shirt
4. Black shirt with our 50th-anniversary logo on the front with a back design that has the American Eagle in the middle of the back flanked by the American Flag & MIA/POW flag on each side of the Eagle.
All shirts have an American Flag on the right sleeve.
For Your Orders Contact
American Legion Post 1288
201 B Canterbury Lane
P.O. Box 1133
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Hot off the presses!! Get your Commemorative American Legion Bolingbrook Post 1288 50th Anniversary Challange Coin. For Only $10.00.
Want to know more about our organization and the work we do in the community? Check out our latest News and Events page.
American Legion Bolingbrook Post #1288
1. Provide Military Honors for Bolingbrook Veterans
2. Assist local Veterans in need and their families.
3. Assist Veterans Widows and Widowers in filling out VA
4. We Participate in Community events and activities.
5. We Present the Police and Firemen Awards each year.
6. We Present Teacher of The Year Awards each year.
7. We send area youth to both Boy’s State and Girl’s State
programs in Springfield Illinois.
8. We work with Boy Scout Troops in our area.
9. We meet to support Veterans in the Heritage Woods
10. We work with the community to dispose of unserviceable
11. We collect toys for the TOYS for TOTS program every year
to donate toys to the Bolingbrook Area.
12. We participate in Veterans in the Classroom in the local
13. We are involved in the Gift for Yanks program each year.
14. We attend and participate in the Village Memorial Day
15. We participate in the Veterans Day Program.
16. We participate in the Cavalcade of Planes at Clow Airport.
17. We participate in the Bolingbrook Village Picnic.
18. We participate in Bolingbrook Village Parade.
Every Thursday starting at 5 PM members from Bolingbrook VFW Post 5917 and American Legion Post 1288 conduct raffles and a "Queen Of Hearts" drawing where you could win Big $$$ Money $$$. The prize distribution depends or the amount collected in a progressive pot for the Queen, however concellation prizes are also awarded to the Lucky Person such as car washes, two drinks, tickets to next weeks drawing, and cash, there are no losers. We also sell pull tabs for on the spot cash winners. Come out and help us for this worhty cause, as all proceeds are used in our Veteran's Relief Funds.
For More Information Click the Button Below:
On July 30, 2019, President Donald Trump signed the LEGION Act into law delcaring that the United States has been in a state of war since December 7, 1941. The declaration recognizes approximately 1600 service members killed or wounded during previously undeclared periods of war. The Act also expands elgibility for approximately 6 million veterans who previously where inelgible to join the American Legion.
Elections for Post 1288 officers for the year 2023-2024 were held. Congratulations to our incoming Post 1288 officers:
Post Commander - Herschel Nelson
Sr. Vice Commander - Greg Palmer
Jr. Vice Commander - Eric Morris
Adjutant - Greg Palmer
Finance Officer - John Davin
Service Officer - Wayne Macejak
Chaplin - Robert Adame
Sergeant-At-Arms - Raymond Wood
Assistant Sergeant-At-Ams - Felix Ramos
Judge Advocate - Larry Shaver
Historian - Robin Sutton
Sons Of American Legion (SAL)
Commander - Bryson Taylor
Chaplain - Mike Long
Sergeant-At-Arms - Jason Herskind
We are now into our annual Membership renewals for the 2023-2024 Legion year. You will be receiving your membership renewal information soon, the annual dues are now $45.00 if you have any questions, just contact the Post. We encourage everyone to renew online to reduce redundancy in paperwork. Your membership in the nation's largest wartime veterans service organization helps us support local veterans, military, and community programs. Don't Delay - Renew Today!!!
If you would like information on joining the American Legion, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Papa Lima Echo Alpha Sierra Echo Golf EchoTango Oscar Uniform Tango Alpha November Delta Victor Oscar Tango Echo Echo Alpha Romeo Lima Yankee
Tango hotel alpha november kilo yankee oscar uniform fox oscar romeo victor india sierra india tango india november golf oscar uniform romeo whiskey echo bravo sierra india tango echo!!
More information to come.
Bolingbrook Post 1288 meets the third Monday of every month at 7:30 PM. The meetings are held at 201 B Canterbury Lane, Bolingbrook, IL 60440. For more information regarding meeting times and dates and other post events, please Contact Us.
Sign-up to get on our email list to get up-to-the-minute details on Post 1288 events and activities. Just drop us a line to get on our email list email@example.com
Don't forget to like us on Facebook. Be sure to tell your friends, family, and other veterans too!!
You are visitor #